Saturday, March 7, 2015

March 10 2014


Date: Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM



This week has gone by fast but it went very well for us. We have been working pretty hard and have set up a ton of awesome apointments with people for this next week. Our investigators are doing well and we also found a couple new investigators this week that are really great. Elder Starkey and I get along so well, we have a blast and we both motivate each other to work even harder. We get to the house at night dead and ready to sleep, its a lot of hard work to be a missionary but it is a great experience.

This week we decided we wanted to kick up our exercises in the house so we found a metal bar and then we used our extra grocery bags and filled them with bricks and then hung them on the bar, then we put some seats together and made a bench press! Its pretty awesome, and it works! Ill be sure to send a picture haha.

So I have come to find that everything in my patriarchal blessing AND in the blessing my stake president gave me when he set me apart have come true....it is so cool to see the reality and the power of the priesthood. one of those promises is that I would convert people through the power of the priesthood. Story: About six months ago when I was with Elder Diaz in La pincoya we found an old man whose name was Jorge. Jorge listened to us and was very nice and lived with his daughter. Jorge was very sick and suffered from parkinsons and constantly was shaking very badly and could not walk very well. One day Elder Diaz and I had the impression to teach about the priesthood and to offer him a priesthood blessing. We did so, and in the blessing I remember we told him to stop shaking, and that through his faith he would recieve help from angels on both sides of the veil and would recover and follow his savior. ...... About a week later I left the sector..... Two weeks ago I found myself with Elder Diaz in the office and he said "ELDER!!! GUESS WHAT??, after you left Jorge healed from his parkinsons, stop shaking and got baptized! " And then I knew that the promise that was given me was fulfilled. - This church is true, I know it because I have seen true miracles, and have felt the power of god non-stop as I preach HIS gospel.

 To whoever reads this letter-

 If you dont already know for yourself what church is true I invite you to ask god- who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him (James 1:5).- Ask and you shall recieve, knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Elder Roberts


Pictures of our bench press- A HUGE dog- and a view from ur window in the morning



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment