Thursday, March 5, 2015

February 18 2013


Date: Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM



Family and Friends! Wow I cant believe how fast time goes, since I arrived in my new sector it has been 5 weeks! Crazy! Things have been great, the work is growing so fast, we have been so busy its insane. This past week we taught about 40 lessons and contacted about 100 people. We have been finding much success, this saturday we should have a baptism! The fastest baptism I have had, from start to finish it will have been 2 weeks from investigator to member. crazy! We were in a lesson with her (the first lesson) and she was part of a very different religion, after the first vision I asked her, "Maria, How do you feel" She responded "After all this time in my life searching, I feel like I have found the truth" What a miracle!!! Im stoked for her! we are witnessing a lot of miracles, the other Day I had to give about 3 blessings, chilean names are so hard...here was one of the names (Issabel De los merceles gonzales araya) another (Caralina delcarmen ruis paƱallilio) so hard! well to sum it all up we are working super hard and having much success. Dad I have no idea if I have gained weight haha, the thing about chile is the water is nasty, like its safe to drink but it has floaties..if you put water in a glass from the tap it looks white at times..for that reason EVERYONE drinks only soda or juice...super unhealthy, But also we are riding up to 10 miles a day on bikes, and we dont eat dinner, so I have no clue. here are a little more details about my living conditions: Bed bugs, one cell phone for our companionship, ants everywhere, no carpet in any house, dirt everywhere, big spiders, gross water, to have hot water we have to turn on a gas burner and at times it doesnt work, no tv, no radio, cold mornings and hot days....to sum it all up in one word...GHETTO haha but I love it, I am learning how lucky I was and am in my life, I am finding the true meaning of family and relationships, I am learning so much, I wouldnt change a thing. If it was all paradise I would leave the same person. I also found out that next week I will be changing sectors and companions so well see how that goes. Today for P day we are going on a huge hike so ill take pictures! also have to use lame computers today so I am not sure if my photos will upload but I will try.

Love you!

Elder Roberts



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment