Saturday, March 7, 2015

July 21 2014


Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM


Family and friends, this week was an amazing week for us here in Corona Sueca. We have been working hard and being diligent and it has been paying off. I knew before the mission that I would have rewarding experiences and feel full of joy and happiness as I would serve, but yesterday that promise was truly fulfilled. We arrived to church with a new family we had found and during the sacrament meeting the child went insane and I was doing all I could to calm him down and play with him and was praying so hard that the parents would still have a spiritual experience, after a while they decided to leave because they felt bad....So I was a little sad, on top of that my companion has had bad stomach pains this week and it just seemed like a disaster yesterday. Later in the day we had Camilo Paredes (Recent Convert) come with us to give a blessing and I knew when I saw him that he has something bothering him on his mind. He asked if we could walk and talk......These were the words he said to me " Elder Roberts, today in sacrament meeting I felt very strongly that the Lord wants me to serve a mission, I went home the second hour to tell my parents my decision and they were so disapointed in me because they are not members and dont understand, also I am 22 years old and am in the middle of my studies.....what do I do?" We sat down in a park on a bench and I began to express how much the mission had blessed and changed my life. It all ended in tears as we read D&C 31 together and we were all so full of the spirit. He said "I know god spoke to me, and I know what I must do" ......My whole body was FILLED with the spirit and never had I felt so satisfied with the work I had done in my whole life. Through 8 months of hard work here in this sector, the Lord truly gave us a HUGE Miracle, seeing a young man reject the gospel, to being baptized, confirmed, called as young mens president, recieving the priesthood, going to the temple, and now-willing to sacrifice it all for a mission. GOD LIVES, I know it with out a doubt in my heart. I Invite all of you to do the same as Camilo, and always follow the impressions of the holy spirit.


I Love my mission.

Elder Roberts



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment