Thursday, March 5, 2015

May 20 2013


Date: Mon, May 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM



Dear Family and Friends,
What a week....To start, me and my companion were sick for 3 days in bed. We think its from the cow stomach we ate :/ But we are feeling much better now. My companion Elder Paiva finally got a flight back this last friday so now were down to 2. It has still been raining a ton here and there is mud everywhere! We have been doing a lot of service still and doing all we can to teach people. We are getting really close to teaching some people, One is Dani he is a proffesional chef and owns a pizzeria here. We buy so much Pizza, it is sooooo gooood. Like way better than in the states haha. We have been helping him a lot of we were able to give him a book of mormon this past week! The hard part about the island is that the people are very "Delicate" with the topic of religion. And if you offend one, you offend the whole island. So we have to be very careful and take things slow. Yesterday we had a huge assistence in church, 13!! it was awesome! I lead the music, blessed the sacrament, and gave a talk, and almost gave a lesson. Its a lot of responsibility here but it is an experience I will never forget. Today I think we are going to go hiking to a part of the island and go fishing there, im pretty excited. I have definetely grown in my love for the book of mormon, each page, verse, and even word are just full of lessons to be learned.
 As a missionary I have the chance to meet a ton of people, and I have come to realize how blessed we are to have the gospel. I have seen families torn apart, horrible living conditions, poverty, sadness, and so much chaos during my mission. I have learned HOW BLESSED WE ARE! I am so glad that I can be a missionary and help those people find happiness, re-build their family, learn to work, and someday return to god. What a blessing, the church is true, if you are reading my letter right now I want you to know that god lives. Pray to him, talk to him, he will listen and answer your prayers.
Love you all so much,
Elder Roberts



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment