Saturday, March 7, 2015

December 23 2013


Date: Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM



Dear family and friends, this week was soooo great! haha even though it doesnt feel like Christmas here it has been full of christs christmas spirit. This past week the missionaries (ME) haha we through a party at the church and watched a video about christ and sang and ate food, it was a good turn out and some of our investigators came! Then on saturday night the bishop called ans said-- Elder...tomorrow can you and your companion give talks about christ and christmas our speakers fell through...sure bishop! how long do we need to speak? ....well about 15 minutes each! ahhh ...haha sooo saturday night we prepared our talks and gave them sunday but seriously the Lord helped me so much, I feel like it was the best talk I have ever given, and it was in spanish! so many people came up to me afterwards like crying! It was so sweet....THEN I was in Elders qourum and I was sitting by the door, and through the door I heard someone say "We need to talk to Elder Roberts, it is urgent....then they opened the door and when it opened I saw in the hallway the Cornejo Family!!!!! They are a family from my very first sector and Ignacio (Nacho) was my first baptism in my life and my best convert in my mission. I ran out and gave them the biggest hugs and shook the girls hands so hard haha and THEN he says Elder Roberts guess what......and then from behind his back he pulled out a white envelope that said _ La iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias....and I recognized it as a missionary calling!!!!!! He gave it to me and I opened it...Ignacio is going to serve in Mexico, Mexico City....WOW I cant even tell you how many emotions of joy and happiness that went through me, I couldnt stop hugging him. I was able to teach him, baptize him, be there when he got the holy ghost and the priesthood and now when he is going to serve a mission. Probably the most rewarding experience of my life. I am so happy...ill send a picture of his before and after today.

I am very excited to talk to you all in two days!!!!! I will be calling at about 12 and if not then just keep waiting. have your email and your skype open just in case we need to communicate to set it up.. I LOVE YOU!

Feliz Navidad!

Elder Roberts



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment