Thursday, March 5, 2015

April 29 2013


Date: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM


So this week went so fast! A lot of you have been asking me quiestions so ill try to answer them, just ignore if my email is really random. This week we worked a ton, we were in service clothes all week, I think we wore a shirt and tie once. We have been doing a lot of service- Painting houses, Building furnature, Digging holes for houses, cleaning, yard work, you name it and we do it haha. I love the Island, it really is a paradise, I am going to come back here for sure someday and bring all of you! I had my first Lobster yesterday, it was good, a little different though because I just thought you eat the white meat but here they eat every single part....everything...yesterday I ate lobster poop and guts and meat and every scrap inside...haha it was interesting.... The fleas will not die! I have tried every home remedy I can find, currently I have over 200 flea bites no joke. Lets just say I am learning patience. Here is rains a ton and gets really muddy so we have to where boots. I have gained about 6 pounds here already and am getting stonger which is awesome. On the whole island there are about 600 people, and 3 missionaries. Yesterday in church the president didnt show up so my companion presided, I blessed the sacrament, and my other comp played the piano. We had an assistence of 8 in total, 4 members, 1 investigator, and us three missionaries. Super small, super cool experience. Here we eat a lot of weird food, a lot of raw fish too, My favorite food here is Rice with Fried fish..ahh sooo yummy! Our house has a bigger part and a separated room which is ours, we live in a room about as big as my room at home and we have 1 bathroom. The people here are super unique and awesome for example, I know someone named Guagi (Wah-We) who is a 70 year old fisherman, missing a finger, who arm wrestles us, and calls us his sons haha. I have got some cool souvenirs here too, One person gave us a piece of Black Coral which is super rare and expensive, you can make stuff out of it too. I bought some cool things as well. Mamita works with fish skin, we help her clean it and color it and she gives us stuff, currently I am making a guitar strap! It is so cool! well My letter is getting long and im not sure what else to say ha, I am super happy and in love with the island. Hope all is well at home!
Elder Roberts



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment