Thursday, March 5, 2015

July 1 2013


Date: Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM


Family and Friends,
Another week down and wow its already July! First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Everything is still going great on the island, it is really cold here, a lot of wind and rain all day. This past week we made history! For the first time ever a Marraige couple arrived on the island to serve WITH a set of Missionaries! Now on the island there are 4 missionaries. We are in the process of making many big changes in the Branch here, The marraige couple is the Chirinos, they are from chile but have lived in the US in georgia for the past 20 years or so. They are so great, they remind me a lot of mom and dad ha, its nice to see a strong couple in the gospel finally haha. I am still not sure how long I will be here on the island, it is really beautiful and amazing here but Im not gonna lie, I know EVERYBODY so it seems to get a little harder each day to bug the same people over and over again. I love the island and want to visit again someday but living here would be so hard. Bad internet, waiting for boats to come for food, far from civilization, haha but it is super pretty and very peacefull. Anyways, this past week we found a couple people to teach that seem really interested. We gave them copies of the book of mormon and we are praying the will read! I am learning a lot here, especially how to cook! We have been eating a lot of noodles lately because they are so easy to make haha but we are learning little by little. SO Send me some recipes of easy things to make (Keep in mind we have limited resources here) but they would be greatly appreciated! My spanish feels a lot more comfortable and its bad because I never talk in english and when I have to talk to our mission presidents wife I sound so dumb and its hard to explain myself haha. Its okay though, If I learned how to speak spanish i can learn how to speak enlish again :) WELL Everything is going great, yes it is very challenging at times in pretty much every aspect, physically, mentally, and spiritualy, but I am staying positive and I know the Lord is helping me. I love you all so much, each one of you, I hope you have a great week!
Elder Roberts



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment